We compiled a listing of our posts for the top employers in the largest cities…
The following is a sample job description for an Environmental Scientist to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Environmental Scientist is responsible for conducting environmental monitoring and sampling, data analysis, and development of environmental management plans. This position is also responsible for developing and implementing environmental monitoring plans to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Conducting biological, chemical, physical, and hydrological field studies; analyzing the results; interpreting the data; and preparing reports summarizing their findings.
- Preparing comprehensive reports that include numerical data, graphs, maps, charts, tables and recommendations.
- Organizing project materials such as lab data sheets into a database for easy access by others within the company or outside consultants as needed.
- Managing projects including planning meetings/schedule meetings with team members to discuss project progress/set new goals based on past performance results/establish deadlines for achieving those goals.
- Working with government agencies to develop policies and regulations for the protection of the environment.
- Monitoring laws and regulations relating to pollution control, water quality and waste management.
- Conducting research into the causes and effects of pollution, as well as possible solutions to these problems.
- Assessing how human activities affect the environment, such as through greenhouse gas emissions or land use changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or a related field
- At least two years of experience working as an Environmental Scientist
- Knowledge of common methods of analyzing and interpreting data, including statistical analysis and/or computer modeling
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well independently as well as on a team