Director of Vendor Services Job Description
The following is a sample job description for a Director of Vendor Services to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Director of Vendor Services is responsible for overseeing the vendor services team, which includes the maintenance of the company’s extensive network of vendors, as well as managing internal processes to ensure that vendors are adhering to company policies. The Director also oversees purchasing and supply chain management.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Creating and implementing processes for procurement, vendor management, and vendor relations.
- Overseeing all aspects of the vendor relationship management program, including maintaining relationships with vendors and ensuring that the company’s policies are being followed by vendors.
- Working with the Legal Department to ensure compliance with all legal requirements relating to vendor relationships.
- Hiring new vendors and ensuring that the vendor service team has all the tools they need to do their jobs.
- Ensuring that vendors are properly trained and have access to appropriate training materials.
- Managing vendor budgets, including making sure that vendors are getting paid on time and accurately.
- Reviewing vendor performance reports, including quality assurance reports and sales reports.
- Managing and maintaining vendor relationships, including negotiating contracts and ensuring that vendors meet their contractual obligations.
- Maintaining relationships with key stakeholders within the organization to ensure they are informed about expected levels of service from vendors, as well as any issues that may affect their ability to meet those expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in vendor management.
- Must be able to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors.
- Must be able to manage the budget for vendors.
- Strong understanding of the procurement process, including RFPs, RFIs, RFI responses, and RFP responses.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.