Population as of 2020: 1,271,845 We compiled a list of the top employers in the New…
Director of Social Services Job Description
The following is sample job description for a Director of Social Services to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Director of Social Services is responsible for the overall vision and leadership of the department, including oversight of the department’s budget, strategic planning, and internal operations. The Director will work closely with other directors to ensure that all programs are in line with the organization’s mission and goals.
Additional Director of Social Services resume strategies for this can be found here.
- Work with city council members, civic leaders and other stakeholders to identify challenges facing the community and create solutions that address those challenges.
- Develop relationships with local businesses and organizations that can help expand the reach of the organization’s services.
- Oversee all aspects of day-to-day operations within their department in order to ensure it runs smoothly.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of programs that promote the well-being of vulnerable populations
- Monitoring metrics associated with the success of those programs and making necessary adjustments.
- Coordinating communication between stakeholders, including the company’s leadership team, board members, and stakeholders in local communities.
- Creating budgets for upcoming projects or initiatives that impact social services at large within your organization.
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and protocols as well as other projects related to the organization’s mission and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services or related field.
- Experience in program development and management.
- Experience in social services, preferably with a non-profit organization.
- Experience working with families/individuals in crisis (including child protective services).
- Experience working as a case manager.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with both employees, donors, board members, and stakeholders.
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.