Population as of 2020: 1,271,845 We compiled a list of the top employers in the New…
Director of Project Management Job Description
The following is a sample job description for a Director of Project Management to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Director of Project Management is the highest-ranking member of the project management team. As the director, you will be responsible for managing all projects throughout their lifecycles, from initiation to completion. You will also be responsible for hiring, training and supervising project managers, as well as developing company policies and procedures for project management.
The Director of Project Management is responsible for managing, facilitating, and supporting the organization’s project management team. They create a schedule and budget for projects, estimate timelines and resources, and monitor ongoing projects to ensure they stay on track. The Director of Project Management also ensures that the company’s overall goals are met by providing guidance and support to the project managers under their supervision.
Additional Director of Project Management resume strategies for this can be found here.
- Oversee the entire project management team, including hiring, training, and retention.
- Directly oversee the work of Project Managers on your team.
- Oversee all projects from start-to-finish by reporting back to management on progress made and any issues or concerns arising during this time period that may require intervention from above (such as additional funding).
- Ensure that Project Managers are up-to-date on relevant business knowledge and industry trends.
- Monitor projects to ensure they are meeting goals, deadlines, and budget expectations.
- Provide ongoing feedback to project managers on their performance.
- Coordinate with other departments (e.g., sales or marketing) to ensure projects are aligned with departmental goals.
- Ensure that all projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Oversee all aspects of project planning, from initial client contact through final delivery.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure that projects are on track and meet deadlines.
- Ensures that the quality of work meets company standards.
- Identify project risks and mitigate them as much as possible.
- Work with other directors to ensure that project timelines are met, budgets are maintained, and quality is high.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in business administration or in a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 5+ years of experience as a project management experience.
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions.
- Strong leadership skills and management of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to lead and motivate others.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Visio, MS Project, SharePoint, G-Suite, Asana, Trello, Jive, Box, Dropbox, Smartsheet, WebEx, MS Teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written).
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.