We compiled a listing of our posts for the top employers in the largest cities…
Review this Director of Manufacturing job description for a reference when building your resume. Review the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers would look for in this field. Additional strategies for this can be found here.
The Director of Manufacturing is responsible for ensuring that the manufacturing process is fully optimized and that the company’s products meet their customers’ needs. The Director of Manufacturing will also be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of production are running as smoothly as possible, including quality control and receiving inventory on time.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Leads a team of engineers and technicians to ensure that all manufacturing processes are running smoothly and efficiently.
- Ensures that quality control measures are in place at all times, including testing, inspection, and verification procedures.
- Manages financial resources so they can be used effectively throughout the company’s business operations.
- Directs the activities and policies of a department or division of a manufacturing facility, including managing the accounting, purchasing and inventory controls.
- Manages the workflow in the department or division.
- Coordinates with other departments and functions within the facility to ensure that products are developed and manufactured in an efficient manner.
- Directs the production of a product or service as it is developed into a finished product/service.
- Manages the design and manufacture of products, systems, and services.
- Controls costs by ensuring that all phases of manufacturing are executed within budget.
- Ensures that processes are performed consistently and in accordance with established standards.
- Conducts quality control activities to ensure the quality performance of products during critical steps in their development, production, distribution, and use.
- Collaborates with suppliers to establish specifications for products under development and monitors their compliance with those specifications as well as ensures that suppliers adhere to applicable contract requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or business administration.
- Must have 10+ years of experience in the manufacturing field.
- 1-2 years of experience as an engineer, project manager, or operations manager.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of manufacturing processes and production techniques
- Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at once and complete them on time and within budget.
- Strong attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written).