Director of Business Development Job Description
The following is a sample job description for a Director of Business Development to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers, partners, suppliers and influencers throughout the organization. The Director will work closely with the sales team to define the customer’s needs, identify and prioritize new opportunities, develop project plans and close deals. The Director will also ensure that all customer interactions are documented in a timely fashion.
The Director of Business Development is a strategic leader who will work with the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer to develop and implement the company’s overall growth strategy.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Identify opportunities for new business development in line with company goals.
- Close opportunities by identifying key customer requirements, developing project plans, communicating expectations and closing deals.
- Work closely with sales to define customer needs and priorities as well as communicate these to other departments within the organization.
- Develops an understanding of how customers think about the products and services offered by the company.
- Work with management to understand company goals, including product development and market share growth.
- Identify new markets and develop strategies for entering them.
- Hire, train, and manage salespeople.
- Developing strategies for addressing these opportunities through product development, marketing campaigns, or sales initiatives.
- Creating sales presentations for executives who are interested in expanding into new markets or creating new products that meet client needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field. MBA or other advanced degree in business administration is preferred.
- Experience in managing large teams and working with executives at other companies.
- Must have some experience working in an industry similar to that which they are currently seeking employment in order to make sure that they understand how specific industries operate together at large scale (e.g., how one company’s products are used by another company’s customers).
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in business development including 5 in a director role.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), CRM, Slack, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.
This Post Has 0 Comments