Population as of 2020: 1,271,845 We compiled a list of the top employers in the New…
Data Analyst Job Description
This is an example of a Data Analyst job description for a reference when building your resume. Analyze the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers would look for in this field.
As a Data Analyst, you’ll be responsible for performing data analysis to ensure that the company has the information it needs to make decisions and make their product better. You’ll need to understand the business model and find ways to improve it.
You’ll also need to be able to communicate your findings clearly and effectively, which means being able to create graphs, charts, tables, and other visualizations that can be understood by people who aren’t familiar with statistics.
In addition to these skills, you’ll have to have good organizational skills so that you know how all of these different pieces fit together into a cohesive whole—and are capable of working efficiently within a team environment.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Analyze data by conducting research and exploring data sources.
- Develop and carry out analyses of data, including the analysis of numerical, categorical and text data.
- Produce reports and presentations to communicate with internal/external audiences about results.
- Develop new techniques for analyzing data so that the company can improve its products or services.
- Preparing spreadsheets and reports to verify the accuracy of information entered into the database.
- Preparing data analysis reports to review and analyze data in the database
- Preparing memos, presentations, and other documents using Microsoft Word or Excel software.
- Work with data and reporting tools to understand, secure, and analyze large sets of unstructured information for business use.
- Research and analyze new data sets for the purpose of gathering information in order to make decisions that benefit the company.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Providing insight into how the business is performing by analyzing data and making recommendations to help drive business growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent. MBA is preferred.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience.
- Strong skills in statistics, math, and computer programming.
- Demonstrated ability to design robust data analytics and reporting systems.
- Proven experience using SQL or other relational database management systems.
- Knowledge of statistical methods and software tools such as SAS, SPSS, or Oracle BI Suite.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet applications.
- Strong organizational, attention to detail, and prioritizing skills.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written).
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.