We compiled a listing of our posts for the top employers in the largest cities…
This is an example of a Construction Manager job description for a reference when building your resume. Analyze the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers would look for in this field.
A Construction Manager is a professional who oversees the construction process for a project. They make sure that the project is completed on time, within budget and according to specifications. They are responsible for all aspects of the construction process, including managing materials and manpower, scheduling work crews, quality control, safety precautions and training of workers.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Manage subcontractors and vendors who provide materials or services such as carpentry or plumbing
- Ensure that all required permits are obtained prior to starting construction
- Ordering equipment such as trucks needed during projects
- Monitoring daily progress reports from foremen regarding whether they have met targets set by management
- Manage the entire construction process, including planning, bidding, design, and supervision
- Monitor costs throughout the project
- Coordinate with architects, engineers and contractors to ensure that all plans meet building codes. Ensuring that the project meets all local codes, laws, and regulations
- Planning projects, including timelines and budgets
– Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field and 5+ years’ experience managing projects.
– 7+ years of experience in construction management and prior experience working with clients and suppliers preferred.
– Experience working with various types of construction materials.
-Must be able to obtain a license to manage projects in the applicable state.
– Excellent leadership and management skills.
-Strong organizational, attention to detail, and prioritizing skills.
-Strong communication skills (verbal, written).