Chief Operations Officer Job Description (2023)
The following is a sample job description for a Chief Operations Officer to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
As the Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of your company. You will oversee all aspects of the business, including hiring and firing employees, managing budgets, and maintaining relationships with vendors. You will also need to ensure that all areas of the organization are operating smoothly and efficiently. As a COO, you will be responsible for developing new products and services, as well as overseeing their production.
This position requires a strong understanding of business management principles, including marketing strategies and customer service practices. You will also need experience working in an environment where employee performance is closely monitored and measured on a regular basis.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Develop, plan, and implement company strategy.
- Direct the overall operations of a company by overseeing its daily functions and ensuring that they are performed properly and efficiently.
- Coordinating with the CEO, CTO, and other high-level executives on day-to-day and strategic business operations.
- Developing and maintaining a budget for the company and its departments.
- Managing human resources, including hiring and firing employees as needed.
- Working with sales teams to ensure that they have accurate data about customer needs and expectations.
- Overseeing all finance operations of the company, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Assisting in developing marketing strategies for the company.
- Managing relationships with outside vendors and contractors.
- Keeping tabs on how projects are progressing and ensuring that deadlines are being met on time.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or similar field.
- At least 10 years of experience in a leadership role at a large company.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Able to lead team of 100+ people.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), proprietary software systems, Slack, Drop Box, Acello, Monday, CRM, etc.
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Executive Resume Package, or contact us today for a customized quote.