Case Manager Job Description
The following is a sample job description for a Case Manager to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
A Case Manager is a person who works in the field of social work. The job of a case manager is to provide support for people in need, including those with physical or mental health issues, those who are struggling financially, and those who have recently experienced trauma.
Case managers help their clients by facilitating access to resources that can help meet their needs. Case managers also provide emotional support and guidance when needed.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Coordinating all aspects of the patient’s care, including scheduling appointments with specialists, therapy sessions and tests.
- Communicating with other healthcare providers to ensure that all information is readily available to the patient’s primary physician.
- Developing care plans that outline the services required to meet those goals.
- Establishing relationships with community resources that can help patients find housing or transportation services.
- Manage and monitor the progress of all patients in the program.
- Provide education to new members and their families regarding the services, programs, and activities available to them.
- Monitor case records and ensure that all required paperwork is completed on time and accurately.
- Provide ongoing support for members who are leaving the program.
- Meets with clients on a regular basis to discuss case progress and ensure client satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, nursing or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years case management and/or social services experience.
- Experience working with clients on a one-on-one basis.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a knack for critical thinking
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Be able to work in a high pressure and high stress environment.
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.