Administrative Assistant Job Description
Review this Administrative Assistant job description for a reference when building your resume. Review the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers would look for in this field. Additional strategies for this can be found here.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Team, Operations Manager and various departments within the company. This position also assists with special projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and a high level of professionalism in order to maintain a positive image for the company. This person will be able to multi-task and work independently on multiple projects at once. They must be organized and able to prioritize tasks based on urgency and importance.
- Greet clients, visitors and staff members
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Take and relay messages to appropriate parties
- Answer general inquiries about company products and services
- Schedule appointments for sales personnel, executives and clients
- Process mail and faxes for the company
- Receive and distribute incoming packages
- Schedule travel arrangements for sales personnel
- Maintain office supplies inventory
- Managing calendar appointments for executives
- Managing calendars for internal meetings as well as handling meeting requests from external parties
- Ensuring that all communications are properly distributed to appropriate parties or individuals within the company
- Create/update documents using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Maintain files related to business operations such as human resources (HR), accounting (Accounting), operations (Operations) etc., ensuring that all records are kept up-to-date with current information
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the company including HR/Accounting/Operations etc., ensuring that all group members
– Minimum of 2 years of administrative assistant experience
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Outlook
– Ability to type 30 wpm
– Experience with Google Drive and Gmail
– Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
If you would like more help with your resume, check out our Resume Writing Package, Resume Bundles, or contact us today for a customized quote.