We compiled a listing of our posts for the top employers in the largest cities…
Review this Accountant job description for a reference when building your resume. Review the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers would look for in this field. Additional strategies for this can be found here.
The Accountant is responsible for the financial operations of a company. They ensure that the company has a healthy financial standing, and that all bills are paid on time and in full. The Accountant also works closely with the company’s Auditor and Controller to ensure that all financial records are correct.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Reconciling bank statements and preparing deposit slips
- Paying bills and posting payments to accounts receivable records
- Preparing financial reports, such as balance sheets or income statements
- Analyze and monitor financial statements, including budgets and forecasts, to identify areas of risk.
- Assist with the preparation of tax returns by performing calculations and preparing reports.
- Prepare financial statements for internal use
- Prepare monthly or quarterly management reporting packages and analyses of financial performance, using spreadsheet applications to analyze data and create graphs and charts (e.g., profit-and-loss statements)
- Assist with the preparation of budgeted financial statements, including profit-and-loss projections, cash flow projections and budgets, debt service requirements, capital expenditures estimates, and other related financial plans in order to meet specific business needs
- May involve developing new or improved accounting systems or procedures as well as evaluating existing systems or procedures for effectiveness in achieving desired results while adhering to applicable laws and regulations regarding accounting policies/procedures; may also involve assisting with the implementation of such systems/procedures within an organization’s framework
-Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field
-3-5 years of experience working as an Accountant
-Must be able to work independently, without supervision
-Strong attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
-Proficient knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
-Strong communication skills (verbal, written)