Are you looking for where to search for jobs as a sports professional? We compiled…
The following is a sample job description for an Account Manager to reference when building your resume. Assess the qualifications and requirements listed to get an understanding of what you need to include on your resume for what employers expect in this field.
As an Account Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and their products. You’ll need to be able to manage the day-to-day administrative tasks associated with each client, as well as provide strategic guidance on how best to help them achieve their goals.
Additional strategies for this can be found here.
- Meeting with clients to review business goals and make sure their needs are being met
- Working with clients to manage projects, including gathering information about what the project should entail and then communicating the results back to the client
- Communicating with clients about any changes in budget or timeline that may arise during a project’s execution
- Work with the accounting department to reconcile accounts receivables and payables
- Manage customer complaints as they arise
- Plan and coordinate activities with other departments to achieve marketing objectives
- Develop and maintain a relationship with customers and prospective customers
- Use knowledge of marketing mix, customer’s needs/wants, industry trends, and competitor’s products/services to develop creative promotional campaigns that will be effective in a given situation
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 5+ years of experience in accounts management
- Experience managing multiple accounts at once, including managing budgets and contracts with clients
- Experience working with clients and internal teams to coordinate projects from beginning to end, including planning, scheduling, budgeting, and project execution
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Docs, Drop Box, Slack, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written)